What is Oil Pulling?
is the utmost effective and powerful Detoxifying Ayurvedic practice that has become recently the most popular. The concept of oil pulling is not new, and it has been mentioned in the Ayurvedic scripture called Charak Samhita, where it is referred to as or Kaval Gandusha Oil Pulling techniques involve the use of natural oils to clean and detoxify the oral cavity. Oil pulling benefits are not only to treat the oral cavity but also to prevent and cure many other health-related issues. Read on to know more about the health benefits of oil pulling and how we do it?
THERE ARE MAINLY TWO TYPES OF OIL USED –
- SESAME OIL (TIL KA TEL)
- COCONUT OIL
HOW DO IT?
Oil pulling involves placing a tablespoon of Pure natural oil into your mouth and then swishing it around (pulling it between your teeth), starting with just five minutes and buildup to the ideal of 15 to 20 minutes and then spitting it out.
How it works?
The oil, we swish around in our mouth mixes with the saliva. The toxins in the oral cavity are pulled out by lipids in the oil. While the oil is swished around the gums, teeth, and tongue the oil absorbs toxins from saliva and various glands in the mouth. Antibacterial properties of oils used in this practice, it also kill various germs inside the oral cavity. Usually, this oil ends up turning thin, viscous, and white after swishing inside the mouth then you should spit it out.
Benefits of Oil Pulling For Health Issues
oil pulling purifies the whole system It can be understood with reflexology and traditional Chinese medicine therapy (TCM) as each section of the tongue is connected to a different organ for instance heart, lungs, kidneys, liver, stomach, small intestines, and colon, etc.
Some Of the health benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Increases Energy
- Clear Mind
- Decreases Headache.
- Reduce Alleviated Allergies
- Better Sleep
- Clearer Skin
- Clearer Sinuses
- Hormonal Balance
All the above advantages are a result of a toxin-free body.
Method Of Doing Oil Pulling
- Do not swallow the oil. The oil should be sat out. But accidentally if you swallow it, there is nothing to worry about. It will go out through feces.
- Symptoms like nausea, runny nose, mucus formation are so common when you start oil pulling. It’s due to the toxins that are coming out of your body. these symptoms will only last for some days. Not everyone experiences these symptoms though.
- If you are allergic to a particular brand of oil, change the brand of oil or switch to another oil, if you still have any allergic problems stop practicing oil pulling.
- If you have an unbearable urge to swallow the oil and if it becomes too unpleasant, spit out and try again.
- If you have an ulcer in your mouth try coconut oil pulling it will provide relief in it.
- This process works better in the morning. Don’t try to do this any time of the day.
- If for any reason it is not possible for you to do this method in the morning, you can practice this on an empty stomach at any time of the day. An empty stomach means the food is digested completely.
- Sesame oil has been found to be more effective in curing diseases. Coconut oil can be used because of its antibacterial properties.
Feedback: Hope you liked the article, share the article with your friends and relative so they are also aware of this technique and who knows this article will solve their health-related problems. If you have any suggestions or want to share your experience with us just write in the comment box.