Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that energizing the whole body, as our body is made of 70% of water so it is very important to be hydrated in summer as watermelon contains 92% of water. It is best to consume in summer. A cup of watermelon contains only 46 calories but it rich in vitamin A and Vitamin C. It’s a green clour fruit which core is usually red belongs to the cucumber family. The benefits of watermelon are as follows:
Water is very vital for our body as the body has 70% of water, to balance the water level of the body it is important to drink water or any other fruits and vegetables which contain more water needs to consume to get full. watermelon is a combination of water and fiber which means we are eating good food with only 46 calories.
A Compound named lycopene which finds in watermelon has an anti-cancer effect. there is a lot of research has been done on lycopene, intake of lycopene is associated with a lower risk of some type of cancer mainly in digestive cancer. It reduces cancer risk by lowering the insulin-like growth factor (IGF), a protein involved in cell division, high IGF means cancer.
Watermelon is a good source of vitamin C which has the ability to reduce the asthma effect that means you can control asthma just by having a cup of watermelon regularly. The deficiency of Vitamin C in asthmatics tends to increase more asthmatic symptoms. Watermelon has 40% of vitamin C which’s why it is recommended for asthmatics.
4. Prevent Cardiovascular Disease
A substance called lycopene found in watermelon, which gives a reddish color to the fruit. Do you know that watermelon has more lycopene than tomato, lycopene concentration in watermelon is (4868 μg/100 g) and tomato (3025 μg/100 g)? lycopene reduces cholesterol and reduces heart-related diseases. You just need to consume a cup of watermelon daily and it will do its work.
6. Improves Kidney Health
7. Improves Nerve Function
8. Good for Skin
9. Improve Digestion
Watermelon has fiber, which encourages a healthy digestive tract to improve digestion.
lycopene found in watermelon makes it an anti-inflammatory fruit. Lycopene works as an antioxidant to neutralize free radicals, the choline available in watermelon downs the chronic inflammation.
Benefits of watermelon seeds
- Increase metabolism.
- Helpful in controlling diabetes.
- Improves hair quality.
- Enhance skin glow.
- Increase immunity.
- Strengthen the bone
There is a lot of benefits of watermelon juice it can be drunk by kids, adults everyone enjoys it delicious taste and benefits associated with watermelon is great
- Juice provides instant energy.
- As it has vitamin A, improves eyesight.
- Consist of 92% of water, helps keeps hydrated.
- Rich in fiber, work as a detoxifier of the body.
- low in calorie helps in weight loss.
- collagen is needed for healthy hair growth, watermelon provides collagen formation.
Some Facts About Watermelon
- Watermelons were starts being cultivated in India in the 7th century
- In the 10th century, watermelon reached china being cultivated there.
- Nowadays, China is the world’s largest producer of watermelon.
- In the 17th century, watermelon started to grow in Europe as a minor garden crop.
- In 1939, Seedless watermelon was developed by Japanese scientists.
- In the 21st century, seedless watermelon becomes more popular.
- Cubic watermelon was grown in Japan by the farmers of the Zentsuji region by growing the fruit in cubic boxes which are made of metal or glass.
- Watermelon was cultivated in Ancient Egypt as the seed of watermelon found in the pharaoh’s tombs.
- The Global production of watermelon was 118 million tonnes. with china alone produces 67%of the total, secondary producers are Iran, Brazil, and Turkey.